Basketball has always been one of the most popular sports around the world, and the NBA (National Basketball Association) is the premier basketball league, showcasing some of the greatest players in history. Over the years, the NBA has seen many legendary players who have dominated the sport, breaking records and setting new standards for the game. These players have not only achieved incredible feats on the court, but have also become household names and cultural icons. In this article, we will take a closer look at the top 10 NBA players of all time, based on their career statistics. These players have left an indelible mark on the game, and their accomplishments have solidified their place in NBA history. From scoring records to rebounds and blocks, these players have put up some truly impressive numbers over the course of their careers. However, it’s important to note that statistics are not the only measure of greatness, and other factors such as championships, individual awards, and impact on the game should also be considered when assessing a player’s legacy. Nonetheless, these top 10 players have earned their place in NBA lore, and their impact on the game will be felt for generations to come.
List of Top 10 NBA Players with stats all time
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 38,387 points, 17,440 rebounds, 3,189 blocks
- Karl Malone: 36,928 points, 14,968 rebounds, 1,476 steals
- LeBron James: 35,367 points, 9,757 rebounds, 9,696 assists
- Kobe Bryant: 33,643 points, 7,047 rebounds, 6,306 assists
- Michael Jordan: 32,292 points, 6,672 rebounds, 5,633 assists
- Dirk Nowitzki: 31,560 points, 11,489 rebounds, 1,524 blocks
- Wilt Chamberlain: 31,419 points, 23,924 rebounds, 2,924 assists
- Shaquille O’Neal: 28,596 points, 13,099 rebounds, 2,732 blocks
- Moses Malone: 27,409 points, 16,212 rebounds, 1,889 steals
- Hakeem Olajuwon: 26,946 points, 13,747 rebounds, 3,830 blocks
Note that these are just a few statistical categories, and there are many other factors that contribute to a player’s greatness, such as championships won, individual awards earned, and impact on the game. These rankings are also subjective and may vary depending on personal opinions and preferences.
What do You need to know about each NBA legends?
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Kareem is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and for good reason. He is the NBA’s all-time leading scorer, and he ranks third in career rebounds and first in career blocked shots. He was a six-time NBA champion, a 19-time All-Star, and a two-time scoring champion, and he won the league’s MVP award six times.
- Karl Malone: Malone was a dominant force during his 19-year NBA career, and he is the league’s second all-time leading scorer. He was a two-time NBA MVP, a 14-time All-Star, and a member of the NBA’s All-Defensive Team 11 times. He led the Utah Jazz to the NBA Finals twice, but he never won a championship.
- LeBron James: LeBron is considered by many to be the best all-around player in NBA history. He is a 17-time All-Star, a four-time NBA champion, and a four-time MVP. He is the only player in NBA history to rank in the top ten in both career points and assists, and he has also won the NBA Finals MVP award four times.
- Kobe Bryant: Bryant was one of the most talented and competitive players the NBA has ever seen. He won five championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, and he was an 18-time All-Star and a two-time scoring champion. He scored 81 points in a single game, which is the second-highest total in NBA history.
- Michael Jordan: Jordan is widely regarded as the greatest basketball player of all time. He won six championships with the Chicago Bulls and was a five-time NBA MVP. He was also a 14-time All-Star and a 10-time scoring champion. His incredible scoring ability, tenacity, and clutch performances have made him an icon in the sports world.
- Dirk Nowitzki: Nowitzki revolutionized the power forward position with his unique blend of size, shooting, and mobility. He won an NBA championship with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011, and he was a 14-time All-Star and a former league MVP. He is the highest-scoring foreign-born player in NBA history.
- Wilt Chamberlain: Chamberlain was one of the most dominant players in NBA history. He holds numerous records, including the single-game scoring record of 100 points. He won two championships and was a four-time MVP. He was also a seven-time scoring champion and a 13-time All-Star.
- Shaquille O’Neal: Shaq was one of the most dominant centers in NBA history. He won four championships with the Lakers and one with the Miami Heat, and he was a 15-time All-Star and a three-time NBA Finals MVP. He was also a two-time scoring champion and the NBA’s Rookie of the Year in 1993.
- Moses Malone: Malone was a physical force who excelled at rebounding and scoring. He won three MVP awards and led the Philadelphia 76ers to the NBA championship in 1983. He was a 12-time All-Star and a six-time rebounding champion.
- Hakeem Olajuwon: Olajuwon was a versatile center who could score, rebound, and defend at an elite level. He won two championships with the Houston Rockets and was a two-time Finals MVP. He was also a 12-time All-Star, a two-time Defensive Player of the Year, and a two-time league MVP.